grouper-users - [grouper-users] Way to update subjects via GSH

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Way to update subjects via GSH

  • From: Michael McManaman <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Way to update subjects via GSH
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 11:52:19 -0400

Hello everybody.

I've been bulk loading users (subjects?) from a flat file with gsh successfully.
Basically I've been using the addSubject command; and the flat-file datafeed I've been using has a default value of 'NA' for users whose names are not provided.

So a lot of the adds look something like this:

addSubject("user1a","person","NA")

Now I have an updated datafeed with updated user names, so I can replace the "NA" with a real value.

Is there a way I can bulk update the subjects I initially created with a name value of "NA"?

I may be missing something in the documentation, but i'm not seeing a way to do this via gsh...?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Mike