grouper-users - [grouper-users] Re: Grouper 2.2.2 PSP throws ClassCastException

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Re: Grouper 2.2.2 PSP throws ClassCastException

  • From: Scott Koranda <>
  • To: grouper-users <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Re: Grouper 2.2.2 PSP throws ClassCastException
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 14:08:36 -0500

> Hi,
>
> I am deploying Grouper 2.2.2 installed using
> grouperInstaller.jar.
>
> I am using OpenJDK 7
>
> # java -version
> java version "1.7.0_95"
> OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.6.4)
> (7u95-2.6.4-1~deb7u1)
>
> on a Debian 7 system.
>
> After configuring the PSP when I run this GSH command
>
> ./bin/gsh.sh -psp -calc foo:bar
>
> I see
>
> 2016-04-06 13:49:54,305: [main] ERROR BaseService.loadContext(188) - -
> Configuration was not loaded for psp service, error creating components.
> The root cause of this error was: java.lang.ClassCastException:
> edu.internet2.middleware.psp.ldap.LdapSpmlTarget cannot be cast to
> edu.vt.middleware.ldap.pool.LdapPool
>
> What error in my configuration might cause a
> java.lang.ClassCastException?

Nevermind.

I am using the PSP to provision to LDAP, but LDAP is not used
as a subject source anywhere in Grouper, and so that requires
a fair bit of editing of the PSP configuration files.

I missed changing the value for one id on a bean in
psp-vt-ldap-1.xml and so the LDAP configuration could not be
loaded, leading to the somewhat misleading
java.lang.ClassCastException.

Sorry for the trouble,

Scott K