grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Any way to re-composite group without it becoming empty?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Any way to re-composite group without it becoming empty?

  • From: Michael R Gettes <>
  • To: Gouper Users List <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Any way to re-composite group without it becoming empty?
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2016 13:17:40 -0400

This seems quite error prone to me.  Maybe something to consider for the future is a special grouper tag that says “don’t process changes to the changelog for this group", the one with the tag.  Then you can mess with one more groups until you have what you want and then remove the tag.  By tag - i mean a special group attribute only t be recognized by Grouper.  I’d be happy to submit this as a Jira item if the devs believe this is a reasonable thing to do.

/mrg

On Apr 5, 2016, at 1:08 PM, Shilen Patel <> wrote:

>> Is there a way to turn off the provisioner make the changes do a bulk sync and then have the changelog go from there? So far in our dev environment it's not working that way.

Did you update the last_sequence_processed for your consumer in the grouper_change_log_consumer table before turning it back on?  That would allow you to skip changes, which in theory should be taken care of by the bulk sync.

Thanks!

- Shilen