grouper-users - [grouper-users] Re: Can grouper sync a user's password with Ldap and AD?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Re: Can grouper sync a user's password with Ldap and AD?

  • From: "Bee-Lindgren, Bert A" <>
  • To: John Kamminga <>, "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Re: Can grouper sync a user's password with Ldap and AD?
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 18:17:04 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:23

This is probably a matter of opinion, but I'll relate the latest grouper-dev conversation on this topic:

Short answer: Password syncing falls outside of Grouper's delivered tools and best practices.

Longer answer: Grouper is focused on representing group membership in target systems. Sometimes, that might include editing User objects in the target (eg, representing group membership as entitlement values), and it might stretch to creating (very thin) User objects if everything necessary for them is naturally mapped into Subjects within the Grouper database (email, name, username, etc). However, we're focusing on simpler and faster provisioning integrations which necessarily leave general-user-syncing to your IDM.

Hoping this helps,

  Bert