grouper-users - [grouper-users] configuration of Grouper diagnostics and LDAP subject source

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] configuration of Grouper diagnostics and LDAP subject source

  • From: Scott Koranda <>
  • To: grouper-users <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] configuration of Grouper diagnostics and LDAP subject source
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 09:13:24 -0600

Hi,

On this wiki page for Grouper diagnostics

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Grouper+diagnostics

it shows that one configuration that can be adjusted is
whether or not an issue with a JDBC source is diagnosed and
reported on:

ws.diagnostic.ignore.source_jdbc = false

Does that option only allow one to ignore issues with JDBC
sources?

Is there a similar option for JNDI (LDAP) subject sources?

The issue is an LDAP server going away temporarily during
regular maintenance and that causing a relatively long-lived
"error" reported by the diagnostics (via WS) due to the
caching. We would like to avoid having an LDAP short outage register
as an error (500 HTTP code), since Grouper itself and the
downstream tools we have relying on it handle short outages
without any real trouble.

An option is, of course, to skip the "Trivial option" as it is
labeled and instead do specific monitoring using the
'diagnosticType' query parameter for the WS url. We will
consider that but were also wondering if we can just turn off
the LDAP source check in some way.

Thanks,

Scott K