grouper-users - [grouper-users] Unable to determine group from deleteAttributeAssignValue event

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Unable to determine group from deleteAttributeAssignValue event

  • From: Peter DiCamillo <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Unable to determine group from deleteAttributeAssignValue event
  • Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2015 23:16:24 -0500

I recently wrote about updating our custom changelog consumer to handle events for changes to attribute values. While working on that I've run into another problem. When I get a deleteAttributeAssignValue event, I need to be able to determine the group the event is for. The event provides its attributeAssign, which would normally allow determining the group. However, for a deletion, the attributeAssign no longer exists at the time the event is processed. In every case I've seen the attributeAssign is deleted after the value is deleted.

A solution that occurred to me is if the deleteAttributeAssignValue event could include the uuid for the group (or generalized object) that the deletion applies to. I'd want that to work for legacy attributes that are assigned indirectly to a group, and for "new" attributes that have been assigned either directly or indirectly to a group. Is that possibility, or maybe there's already some other solution?

Peter