grouper-users - [grouper-users] RE: Grouper newbie looking for a starting point

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] RE: Grouper newbie looking for a starting point

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Alan Rothenbush <>, "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] RE: Grouper newbie looking for a starting point
  • Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2015 19:32:14 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

First of all, you should go through the Grouper training videos.

> events. One such "NON-SUCCESS" event looks like
>
> job:
> SQL_GROUP_LIST__course:loader:1161:studentGroups__a8715228ec084836a1b27a652b6e961e
> status: ERROR, started: 2015-11-07 04:05:00.0 (107ms)
> ins/upd/del/tot: 0/0/0/0
> error: null
>

> For those patient enough to have read this far, here finally are my
> questions.
>
> 1. How are the details of these tasks examined? I assume they're actually
> stored in the database, but writing a SQL query against tables of unknown
> name
> in an unknown schema to retrieve the details seems .. troublesome.

Look in grouper_loader_log table, and see the logs in the system. There are
either unresolvable subjects in the view that feeds the group(s) or there is
an error somewhere. You need a view for the loader with resolvable subjects
only. Resolvable means can be found with your subject API via sources.xml
(see training vids)

> 2. These tasks are obviously run through some sort of CRON job, but I
> cannot
> determine WHERE; CRON itself does not seem to be running them. Where is
> Grouper's "crontab"?

The grouper loader runs a package called quartz which schedules jobs. See
the training vids. This is either attributes (legacy) on groups (against
SQL), or the new attribute framework on groups for LDAP loader.