grouper-users - [grouper-users] gsh export reads everything

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] gsh export reads everything

  • From: Julio Polo <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] gsh export reads everything
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 13:07:59 -1000

I'm trying to export a small amount of data using this command:

gsh   -xmlexport   -stems some:stem:with:very:little:data   some-output-file

but it appears to go through the entire data set, and I eventually run out of Java heap space.

I can keep increasing MEM_MAX in setenv.sh until it works, but I was wondering, is there's a better way to do this?

Julio Polo
Enterprise Middleware, Identity and Access Management
Information Technology Services
University of Hawaii