grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] Grouper installer without network connectivity

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] Grouper installer without network connectivity

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Shannon Roddy <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] Grouper installer without network connectivity
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 18:04:11 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

See this section:

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Grouper+Installer#GrouperInstaller-Runningwithoutnetwork

thanks,
chris

On Behalf Of Shannon Roddy
Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2015 2:01 PM
To: Chris Hyzer;

With the files staged in the target directory, the installer will prompt
for one to use local files. However, when the installer looks for
patches, it will still reach out to the network and then die when it
can't find "the next" patch file. For example, if there are 25 patches
staged in the install directory (the number found at
http://www.internet2.edu/grouper/release/2.2.1/patches/), once the
installer has installed patch #25, it tries to download a nonexistent
patch #26 and times out.

Our workaround was to set

download.server.url = http://localhost/

and then stage all the files in /var/www/html/...

In this case, the installer presumably receives a 404 error from Apache,
and then assumes it has all the patches rather than continuing to look
for patch #26.

Can the installer be updated to either

A) make use of a http_proxy?
B) not fail on attempting to download a non-existent patch?

Thanks,
Shannon