grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] Lost my way .. point me to the documentation

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] Lost my way .. point me to the documentation

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Linda Toth <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] Lost my way .. point me to the documentation
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 23:05:53 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

The installer displays a lot of output, but if you save it and carefully look through it it might help J

You can use whatever tomcat, but you should do what the installer did.  Here is my capture of it, might be more J

Set memory limit for tomcat

Editing file: C:\temp\installer2\apache-tomcat-6.0.35\bin\catalina.bat

Adding max memory to file at line number: 65

- old permgen memory value is same as new value: 256M

Editing file: C:\temp\installer2\apache-tomcat-6.0.35\bin\catalina.sh

Adding max memory to file at line number: 65

- old permgen memory value is same as new value: 256M

Edit URI encoding

Do you want to set URIEncoding to UTF-8 in tomcat server.xml <Connector> elements (t|f)? [t]:

- adding tomcat URIEncoding attribute for element <Connector AJP with value: 'UTF-8'

- adding tomcat URIEncoding attribute for element <Connector HTTP with value: 'UTF-8'

Edit log dir in log4j

Editing file: C:\temp\installer2\grouper.ui-2.2.1\dist\grouper\WEB-INF\classes\log4j.properties

- changing UI log directory from: 'C:/temp/installer2/grouper.apiBinary-2.2.1/logs' to: 'C:/temp/in

staller2/apache-tomcat-6.0.35/logs/grouperUi'

- changing UI log directory from: 'C:/temp/installer2/grouper.apiBinary-2.2.1/logs' to: 'C:/temp/in

staller2/apache-tomcat-6.0.35/logs/grouperUi'

- changing UI log directory from: 'C:/temp/installer2/grouper.apiBinary-2.2.1/logs' to: 'C:/temp/in

staller2/apache-tomcat-6.0.35/logs/grouperUi'

- changing UI log directory from: 'C:/temp/installer2/grouper.apiBinary-2.2.1/logs' to: 'C:/temp/in

staller2/apache-tomcat-6.0.35/logs/grouperUi'

Creating log directory: C:\temp\installer2\apache-tomcat-6.0.35\logs\grouperUi

Created and deleted a test file successfully in dir: C:\temp\installer2\apache-tomcat-6.0.35\logs\gr

ouperUi

Put this in server.xml

<Context docBase="C:\temp\installer2\grouper.ui-2.2.1\dist\grouper" path="/grouper" reloadable="false"/>

Edit tomcat-users.xml

<role rolename="grouper_user"/>

<user username="GrouperSystem" password="XXXXXXX" roles="grouper_user"/>