grouper-users - [grouper-users] Installing Grouper 2.2.x, fix for GRP-1095?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Installing Grouper 2.2.x, fix for GRP-1095?

  • From: Baron Fujimoto <>
  • To: Grouper Users <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Installing Grouper 2.2.x, fix for GRP-1095?
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2015 16:27:08 -1000

I'm getting started on installing Grouper 2.2. We currently have 2.1.5
deployed, but I'm trying this as a clean slate install from scratch rather
than as an upgrade. For 2.1.5, we have the API, UI, and WS, so those are
the same components I'm starting with for 2.2.

My first question is regarding the recommended and available versions of
Grouper. The Grouper Downloads wiki page says the current version is
2.2.1 and provides a link to a tarball for it.
<https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Grouper+Downloads>.

One thing we're concerned about is the fix for the "SAVEPOINT does not
exist" bug <https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/GRP-1095>. This ticket
says it's resolved for versions 2.2.1.patch and 2.2.2.

Does the 2.2.1 version available on the Downloads page include this patch?
If not, how do we get a patched version of the binary? The GRP-1095 ticket
also suggests that a 2.2.2 (and 2.3.0) version exists. Are either of these
recommended instead of the 2.2.1 version, and if so where would we get
those? I'm inferring that 2.3.0 hasn't really been publically released yet
so I'm guessing this is really more about the availability of 2.2.1.patch
or 2.2.2?

Aloha,
-baron
--