grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Provisioning Google Groups from Grouper

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Provisioning Google Groups from Grouper

  • From: David Langenberg <>
  • To: Jared Hoffman <>
  • Cc: Gouper Users <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Provisioning Google Groups from Grouper
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 14:47:49 -0600

You probably don't want to use CN as a SubjectID.  That will cause you no end of headache as soon as the second 'John Smith' shows up.  Instead you should choose an ID that uniquely identifies the individual.  As for the provisioning part, if you use CN, you'll have to mess a bit with the psp-resolver.xml file to add a lookup attribute to translate CN into DN.  See:

For how that lookup is performed in the example.  That particular example performs a CN lookup in AD and turns that into a DN for creating the memberships.

Dave