grouper-users - [grouper-users] Monitoring of Grouper Loader?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Monitoring of Grouper Loader?

  • From: "Waldbieser, Carl" <>
  • To: grouper-users <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Monitoring of Grouper Loader?
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 10:19:09 -0400 (EDT)

I was wondering how others monitor their Grouper Loader process(es) to make
sure that are staying up and running.
I had an issue not too long ago where the OS decided to terminate the loader
process due to a low memory condition. I wasn't aware this had happened
until a couple days went by and our help desk received a call from an
individual who could not get access to a system that was controlled via one
of our reference groups. Since the loader was not running, the reference
group was not updated.

Thanks,
Carl Waldbieser
ITS Systems Programmer