grouper-users - [grouper-users] RE: grouper UI validation

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] RE: grouper UI validation

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Rahul Doshi <>, "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] RE: grouper UI validation
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 15:16:17 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Theres two ways to query.  Might be best for performance to find the parent stem and look for extensions in that stem

    String parentFolderName = GrouperUtil.parentStemNameFromName(someName);

    Stem parentStem = StemFinder.findByName(grouperSession, parentFolderName, true);

    Group group = HibernateSession.byHqlStatic()

        .createQuery("select theGroup from Group theGroup "

            + "where lower(theGroup.extensionDb) = :theExtension "

            + "and theGroup.parentUuid = :stemUuid")

        .setString("theExtension", StringUtils.defaultString(GrouperUtil.extensionFromName(someName)).toLowerCase())

        .setString("stemUuid", parentStem.getId())

        .uniqueResult(Group.class);

Otherwise you can just do a case insensitive search for that full path.  If you have performance problems you might need a function based index on lower name

    Group group = HibernateSession.byHqlStatic()

        .createQuery("select theGroup from Group theGroup where lower(theGroup.nameDb) = :theName")

        .setString("theName", StringUtils.defaultString(someName).toLowerCase()).uniqueResult(Group.class);