grouper-users - [grouper-users] sources.xml and JEXL expression question

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] sources.xml and JEXL expression question

  • From: "Waldbieser, Carl" <>
  • To: grouper-users <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] sources.xml and JEXL expression question
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 10:52:59 -0400 (EDT)

I want to set the `Name_AttributeType` param value in my `sources.xml` so
that it will show a subject's `displayName` attribute, or if that attribute
is missing or blank it will show the `givenName` and `sn` attributes
concatenated with a space.

I tried the following as the param-value, but the Grouper UI does not seem to
like it:

${subjectUtils.defaultIfBlank(subject.getAttribute('displayName'),
subject.getAttribute('givenName') + ' ' + subject.getAttribute('sn'))}

The UI shows me as logged in as "$SUBJECT_SOURCE - $SUBJECT_IDENTIFIER". If
I just use "displayName", it works fine for accounts that have that attribute.

Is my expression invalid? Any advice?

Thanks,
Carl Waldbieser
ITS Systems Programmer
Lafayette College

  • [grouper-users] sources.xml and JEXL expression question, Waldbieser, Carl, 05/22/2015