grouper-users - [grouper-users] firstlastfilter vs multiple search term feature

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] firstlastfilter vs multiple search term feature

  • From: Jeff McCullough <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [grouper-users] firstlastfilter vs multiple search term feature
  • Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 13:16:42 -0800

I came across the below in an old conversation between Brian and Chris relating to the firstlastfilter and a new feature that CM requested. What is the setting to use to turn off the feature?

I wasn’t aware of this, but apparently if you type in this in the UI “last,first” then if you have an LDAP source and that filter setup in the sources.xml it will search by last,first.  The Carnegie Mellon request for multiple search terms separated with a comma will conflict with this (2.2+).  So, if you have the multiple search terms feature enabled in 2.2+ (which is the default) you wont be able to search by last/first anymore…

Thanks,
Jeff