grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] two questions about stems and web services

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] two questions about stems and web services

  • From: Scott Koranda <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: grouper-users <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] two questions about stems and web services
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 14:52:44 -0600

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 1:44 PM, Chris Hyzer
> I don’t think you can move folders. I would think you can rename them
> though :) There is a stem lookup where you identify the stem, then you put
> the new extension in the stem object if you know what I mean.
>
> Can you try it out? :)

I am referencing the old stem name on the URL and sending in the new
stem name (much as is done for updating a group), but it isn't
working.

Here is what I am sending in:

2015-02-26 20:44:40 Error: Grouper WS request was Array
(
[method] => POST
[uri] => Array
(
[scheme] => https
[host] => localhost
[user] => GrouperSystem
[pass] => tigger
[path] =>
/grouper-ws/servicesRest/v2_1_000/stems/Test+CO+1%3ATest+COU+10
)

[header] => Array
(
[Content-Type] => text/x-json
)

[body] =>
{"WsRestStemSaveLiteRequest":{"saveMode":"UPDATE","actAsSubjectId":"GrouperSystem","description":"","displayExtension":"","stemName":"Test
CO 1:Test COU 10a"}}
)

Here is the response:

[body] =>
{"WsStemSaveLiteResult":{"responseMetadata":{"millis":"18","serverVersion":"2.2.1"},"resultMetadata":{"resultCode":"STEM_NOT_FOUND","resultMessage":"There
were 0 successes and 1 failures of saving stems.Can't find stem by
name: 'Test CO 1:Test COU
10a'","success":"F"},"wsStem":{"extension":"Test COU 10","name":"Test
CO 1:Test COU 10"}}}

> Btw, it wouldn’t be too difficult to enable moving objects via web service
> if it is something you need

I think it is. I am working on the COmanage to Grouper provisioner.

In COmanage we can represent organizational hierarchies using a tree
structure and we want to reflect that into Grouper. If a child node
changes its parent in COmanage I would like to be able to move the
child node in Grouper without having to tear down all the existing
child stems and groups (and cause a de-provisioning cascade through
the PSP or change logs) and recreating them.

Thanks,

Scott