grouper-users - [grouper-users] RE: Patching Grouper prior to "patch" command in grouperInstaller.jar

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] RE: Patching Grouper prior to "patch" command in grouperInstaller.jar

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "Waldbieser, Carl" <>, grouper-users <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] RE: Patching Grouper prior to "patch" command in grouperInstaller.jar
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 21:05:04 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Yes, download the newest. I haven’t wanted to do a new release just to
update the software that updates the software... so please download again :)

On Behalf Of Waldbieser, Carl
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2015 8:38 AM
To: grouper-users
Subject: [grouper-users] Patching Grouper prior to "patch" command in
grouperInstaller.jar

I have grouperInstaller-2.2.1. When I run `java -jar grouperInstaller.jar`:

[root@grouper0
DEV grouper.installer-2.2.1]# java -jar grouperInstaller.jar
Do you want to 'install' a new installation of grouper, or 'upgrade' an
existing installation
(enter: 'install' or 'upgrade' or blank for the default) [install]: patch
Please enter 'install' or 'upgrade' or blank for default (which is install)
Do you want to 'install' a new installation of grouper, or 'upgrade' an
existing installation
(enter: 'install' or 'upgrade' or blank for the default) [install]:
^C[root@grouper0
DEV grouper.installer-2.2.1]#

So it seems like I don't yet have the 'patch' command.
Can I download the newest 2.2.1 grouperInstaller and run 'patch' with that?
Or is there another recommended way to patch? Or should I just wait until
the next release and upgrade?

Thanks,
Carl Waldbieser
ITS System Programmer