grouper-users - [grouper-users] Loader Troubleshooting Tips?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Loader Troubleshooting Tips?

  • From: "Waldbieser, Carl" <>
  • To: grouper-users <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Loader Troubleshooting Tips?
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 14:51:21 -0500 (EST)

I had observed a strange behavior with the Grouper Loader. At Lafayette, we
have 10 Grouper groups set up as reference groups that are synced from our
LDAP DIT. I configured each of the groups similar to this one:

Grouper Loader LDAP Type: LDAP_SIMPLE
Grouper Loader LDAP Filter: cn=admin_ft
Grouper Loader LDAP quartz cron: 0 0 0 * * ?
Grouper Loader LDAP search base DN: ou=mailgroups,o=lafayette
Grouper Loader LDAP server ID: personLDAP
Grouper Loader LDAP subject attribute name: member
Grouper Loader LDAP subject ID type: subjectIdentifier
Grouper Loader LDAP error unresolvable: false
Grouper Loader LDAP subject expression:
${loaderLdapElUtils.convertDnToSpecificValue(subjectId)}

This typically has worked very well. The loader is kept running continuously
as a daemon process. The Grouper reference groups are synced to the LDAP DIT
groups when the quartz cron fires.

However, last week, it was observed that there were 3 accounts that had been
pulled from the LDAP group that were never synced back to Grouper. I stopped
the Loader service, re-started it, and those 3 subjects were all removed from
the Grouper group.

The Grouper logs show "DefaultQuartzScheduler" entries on every day for the
weeks before and after the accounts should have been removed, so I am ruling
out that the process was hung.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience or has any Grouper
Loader troubleshooting advice I may be overlooking.

Thanks,
Carl Waldbieser
ITS System Programmer
Lafayette College