grouper-users - [grouper-users] New UI - Configuration to allow searching for subjects by name and/or partial match?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] New UI - Configuration to allow searching for subjects by name and/or partial match?

  • From: "Waldbieser, Carl" <>
  • To: grouper-users <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] New UI - Configuration to allow searching for subjects by name and/or partial match?
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 12:05:44 -0500 (EST)

Is there a way to configure Grouper so that when one uses the "Search" box
from the new UI that results can be pulled up based on entering a last name
or partial name?

Currently I have Grouper configured so our subjects are being pulled from
LDAP and givenName and surname attributes are included in the info for a
subject. If I search for my user ID, I get a result. If I search for my
last name, I get no results.

I was wondering if it is possible to search based on matching other fields
besides the subject ID, and if partial matching is possible.

I *think* this might be configurable in `sources.xml`, but I am not certain
what the appropriate section to configure would be.

Thanks,
Carl Waldbieser
ITS System Programmer
Lafayette College