grouper-users - [grouper-users] Default Permission Inheritence Behavior?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Default Permission Inheritence Behavior?

  • From: "Waldbieser, Carl" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Default Permission Inheritence Behavior?
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2015 16:17:22 -0500 (EST)

I've just started experimenting with the permission behavior in the New UI.
I thought I had read somewhere that if I create a stem and assign
permissions, any sub-folders I create in that stem would inherit those
permissions.

However, if I set up a structure like this:

+ test
+ stem1
- admins (group)
+ stem2

I assigned "admins" CREATE_FOLDER and CREATE_GROUP permissions on "stem1".
Then, as a member of admins, I create "stem2". When I view the permissions
on "stem2", I see that only the account that created it has permissions on
that folder, *not* any other members of "admins".

Am I missing something? Do sub-stems not inherit permissions?

Thanks,
Carl Waldbieser
ITS System Programmer
Lafayette College