grouper-users - [grouper-users] Grouper java 8 safe?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Grouper java 8 safe?

  • From: Jeffrey Crawford <>
  • To: Gouper Users List <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Grouper java 8 safe?
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2015 15:44:33 -0800

Looks like support for java 7 is going away in April http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/eol-135779.html, however we still have apps that do not work well with Java 8, so I was wondering if anyone has had issues with running grouper with Java 8?

While I'm here I might as well ask about the tomcat version as well, the installer installs tomcat 6 but there also 7 8 and even 9 now. Is the fact the installer uses tomcat 6 mean that we should stick to that version, or is that just arbitrary?

I'm setting up a pilot so I'm trying to make sure I don't just assume the newest version of everything and then wind up having trouble that would just go away if I used earlier versions.

Thanks

Jeffrey
​C.​

Both pilots and IT professionals require training and currency before charging into clouds!