grouper-users - [grouper-users] Wheel group members cannot 'Act as Admin' in UI

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Wheel group members cannot 'Act as Admin' in UI

  • From: "Peter St. Onge" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Wheel group members cannot 'Act as Admin' in UI
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2015 11:38:36 -0500

I've been working with an installation of Grouper 2.2.1 running on PostgreSQL and provisioning from and to OpenLDAP in a test environment. So far, things are working well.

I'm getting ready to add people to my sandbox, and using SSO (Shibboleth in an internal federation we have). This precludes the use of the GrouperSystem account, so I set up the wheel group per the 'Initializing Administration of Privileges' document (first enabled the wheel group via groups.wheel.use = true and groups.wheel.group = true in conf/grouper.properties and had Grouper create the wheel group automatically configuration.autocreate.system.groups = true in conf/grouper.properties).

I can add myself to the wheel group (and I can see in the New UI that my user is indeed a direct member of the etc:sysadmingroup group. The Tomcat server has been restarted since those changes were made.

I don't see the 'Act as Admin' option that the documentation refers to in the New UI, the Admin UI or the Light UI. Are there any further configuration changes that are necessary?

Thanks in advance, -- pete

--
Peter St. Onge