grouper-users - [grouper-users] RE: Privileges in Grouper 1.6.1

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] RE: Privileges in Grouper 1.6.1

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "Snee, Tom" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] RE: Privileges in Grouper 1.6.1
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 19:59:15 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Easy way?  :)  I think you could generate a GSH script from SQL and run that :)

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/GrouperShell+(gsh)

Here is a more complicated example.  I want all groups in a certain folder which do not have an ADMIN privilege assigned to my application service principal, to assign that privilege.  Here is the query for oracle:

select 'grantPriv("' || gg.name || '", "someid/server.school.edu", AccessPrivilege.ADMIN);' as script
from grouper_groups gg where gg.name like 'school:apps:appName:spaces:%'
and not exists
(select (1) from grouper_memberships_lw_v gmlv where gg.name = gmlv.group_name and list_name = 'admins'
and gmlv.subject_id = 'someid/server.school.edu');
Note, you will want to use the group UUID as the subject ID, also that concatenation is Oracle specific, you need a concat or something for other DBs.