Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List
[grouper-users] RE: Grouper process effective user?
- From: Chris Hyzer <>
- To: "Waldbieser, Carl" <>, "" <>
- Subject: [grouper-users] RE: Grouper process effective user?
- Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 15:19:59 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US
You should definitely not run any part of grouper as root :) (except perhaps
whatever part of web server listens on 443 :) )
I would make a user and run tomcat or GSH or whatever as that. Yes, needs
file permissions and should be good.
On Behalf Of Waldbieser, Carl
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2014 11:06 AM
Subject: [grouper-users] Grouper process effective user?
When running Grouper, is there any requirement to run it as a particular user?
In our development environment, we've been running the daemons as root, but I
think I'd like to limit the process to a non-superuser local account. Do I
need to be mindful of anything other than the file system permissions where I
installed the software?
ITS System Programmer
- [grouper-users] Grouper process effective user?, Waldbieser, Carl, 10/29/2014
- [grouper-users] RE: Grouper process effective user?, Chris Hyzer, 10/29/2014
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.