grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] RE: Get Primary and Non Primary affiliations

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] RE: Get Primary and Non Primary affiliations

  • From: "Sachdeva, Vivek" <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] RE: Get Primary and Non Primary affiliations
  • Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2014 08:29:40 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

I did some more research and looks like grouper hook (MembershipHooks) is better option to achieve it. What do you think?

Thanks,
Vivek

From: vivek sachdeva <>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2014 00:45:44 -0700
To: Chris Hyzer <>
Cc: "" <>

Thanks Chris,

What I am thinking of trying is that I can create a rule so that when a member is added to any group, I find out the name of the school, division, department etc from the group name and then populate a new table which will have columns something like:

User Id, School, Division, Department, Sub-Department….

This way when I have to read the school, division, department, etc for a user, it would be faster.

I will have to create a couple of more rules to handle the delete and update memberships.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Vivek