grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] RE: Grouper and Shibboleth IdP integration?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] RE: Grouper and Shibboleth IdP integration?

  • From: David Langenberg <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: Michael White <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] RE: Grouper and Shibboleth IdP integration?
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 10:58:53 -0600

Yes, using the grouper-shib connector is not the normal way of integrating the two unless you have very specific use-cases.  The normal way of doing it is to push the group information into either a LDAP server or a SQL database and then consume the groups from there.  This eliminates the need to also install all the grouper API and supporting jars into your IdP.  The primary use for the shib-connector is to support the PSP which uses the Shibboleth Attribute Resolver to assist with pushing groups to LDAP/AD.

Dave