grouper-users - [grouper-users] group math... union'ing with >2 group factors?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] group math... union'ing with >2 group factors?

  • From: Rob Gorrell <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] group math... union'ing with >2 group factors?
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 10:01:03 -0400

I'm aware that the operators for building composite group take two operands (group factors), a left side and a ride side. but I thought I had heard at one time, union was the exception to this and it was possible to have more than two group factors involved in specifically in the union operation. but I don't see this in the UI, union appears to have the same restriction as intersection and compliment in requiring two and only two factors. Is this true and I misheard? Or am I missing something? Curious about the rationale for only supporting two factors being that group nesting (union) is common on other platforms such as Active Directory without the limitation of just two factors?

Thanks
-Rob

--
Robert W. Gorrell
Systems Architect, Identity and Access Management