grouper-users - [grouper-users] grouper loader performance

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] grouper loader performance

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] grouper loader performance
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 03:18:04 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

There were questions on the IAM online today about grouper loader performance.  Here is an example at Penn:

Looking at the grouper_loader_log table you can see how big the groups are, low long things take, how many inserts and deletes.

Our ezproxy group has 85,000 members. (key is subject_id)

When there are few changes (e.g. a couple days ago), we had 90 insertions and 40 deletions.  It took 6 seconds to get the 85,000 rows to operate on, and 2.5 minutes to see whats in grouper and do the 130 operations.

We did a query change today where the memberships changed drastically, and it did 13k additions and 11k deletions and it took 50 minutes.

Generally with the loader in steady state and keying off of subject_id it will run pretty quickly.