grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] customizing subject displayname

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] customizing subject displayname

  • From: Rahul Doshi <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] customizing subject displayname
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 16:21:02 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

I found a way to customize displayName of subject based on virtual attribute configured in sources.xml.  I had to modify  method public static String convertSubjectToLabelHtmlConfigured2(Subject subject) in GrouperUiUtils.java file.

I replaced line  String label = subject.getName(); with below piece of code.

String label = subject.getAttributeValue("displayName0");

if (StringUtils.isBlank(label)) {

label = subject.getName();

}

This is just a workaround and ideally would like grouper to provide ability to specify virtual attribute that will be used for subject displayName in grouper.  That way we would not have to do any customizations in future upgrades.

Thanks,

Rahul