grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] Show/Hide links

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] Show/Hide links

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "Sachdeva, Vivek" <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] Show/Hide links
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 21:16:20 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Its kind of complicated unfortunately.  If you don’t know if there is a session, you could check, and if you find one use it (root?) and if not, create…

Your way will probably work fine, but this way will definitely work now and in the future without problem:

    GrouperSession grouperSession = GrouperSession.staticGrouperSession();

    boolean startedGrouperSession = false;

    if (grouperSession == null) {

      grouperSession = GrouperSession.startRootSession(false);

      startedGrouperSession = true;

    }

    if (!PrivilegeHelper.isWheelOrRoot(grouperSession.getSubject())) {

      grouperSession = grouperSession.internal_getRootSession();

    }

    try {

      boolean isWheelOrRoot = (Boolean)GrouperSession.callbackGrouperSession(grouperSession, new GrouperSessionHandler() {

        public Object callback(GrouperSession grouperSession) throws GrouperSessionException {

          boolean isWheelOrRootLogic = false;

          //DO WORK NOTE YOU MIGHT NEED FINAL VARS

          return isWheelOrRootLogic;

        }

      });

    } finally {

      if (startedGrouperSession) {

        GrouperSession.stopQuietly(grouperSession);

      }

    }