grouper-users - [grouper-users] RE: Groups created programmatically do not appear in UI

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] RE: Groups created programmatically do not appear in UI

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "Snee, Tom" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] RE: Groups created programmatically do not appear in UI
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2014 04:46:04 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

You need to grant the VIEW privilege (at least) on the group to the user who is using the UI.  Or you could assign the grouper all user VIEW, and then everyone can view it.  You can also set a flag in the config file that automatically sets that flag.  If you are the UI user, you can also add that user to the “wheel” group configured in the grouper properties, and then that user can see all objects.

Might want to look at some training videos (end users or developers) to help learn some of these concepts.

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/groupertrain/Grouper+Training