Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List
[grouper-users] RE: Groups created programmatically do not appear in UI
- From: Chris Hyzer <>
- To: "Snee, Tom" <>, "" <>
- Subject: [grouper-users] RE: Groups created programmatically do not appear in UI
- Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2014 04:46:04 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US
You need to grant the VIEW privilege (at least) on the group to the user who is using the UI. Or you could assign the grouper all user VIEW, and then everyone can view it. You can also set a flag in the config file that automatically sets that flag. If you are the UI user, you can also add that user to the “wheel” group configured in the grouper properties, and then that user can see all objects.
Might want to look at some training videos (end users or developers) to help learn some of these concepts.
Using the Grouper 1.6.1 Java API, I can create groups by calling a stem's addChildGroup method. I know they exist because I can find them with the GroupFinder. However, I cannot see those groups in the web UI. Does anyone know what I need to do to make them visible? Thank you.
- [grouper-users] Groups created programmatically do not appear in UI, Snee, Tom, 07/11/2014
- [grouper-users] RE: Groups created programmatically do not appear in UI, Chris Hyzer, 07/12/2014
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.