grouper-users - [grouper-users] Grouper loader, LDAP "0 membership count" question

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Grouper loader, LDAP "0 membership count" question

  • From: Brian Koehmstedt <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Grouper loader, LDAP "0 membership count" question
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 12:46:33 -0700

Hello.  I'm new to Grouper and trying to attempt my first group loaded with people from LDAP.  I'm more or less trying to follow the example from https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Grouper+Loader+LDAP+example.

I can see in my LDAP log file that the query is running and 134 entries are being returned for the query.  But in gsh when I attempt to load the group, I see this:
loader ran successfully, inserted 0 memberships, deleted 0 memberships, total membership count: 0

So something is excluding those 134 rows from being processed by the loader, but I can't tell why.  Any guidance would be appreciated.

Details:

Attribute assignments

Owner group Attribute name Enabled? Assignment values Attribute definition Assignment UUID
Delete the attribute assignment Edit assignment details Options LDAP Information Technology Dept Group Grouper loader LDAP enabled
grouperLoaderLdapDef 3f85a...
Metadata on assignment
Grouper loader LDAP search base DN enabled Delete the attribute assignment value Edit the attribute assignment value ou=people grouperLoaderLdapValueDef 1a8e4...
Metadata on assignment Delete the attribute assignment Edit assignment details Options
Grouper loader LDAP subject attribute name enabled Delete the attribute assignment value Edit the attribute assignment value ucMercedEduIDMID grouperLoaderLdapValueDef 1c296...
Metadata on assignment Delete the attribute assignment Edit assignment details Options
Grouper loader LDAP quartz cron enabled Delete the attribute assignment value Edit the attribute assignment value 0 0 * * * ? grouperLoaderLdapValueDef 73944...
Metadata on assignment Delete the attribute assignment Edit assignment details Options
Grouper loader LDAP server ID enabled Delete the attribute assignment value Edit the attribute assignment value personLdap grouperLoaderLdapValueDef b7b8f...
Metadata on assignment Delete the attribute assignment Edit assignment details Options
Grouper loader LDAP filter enabled Delete the attribute assignment value Edit the attribute assignment value (&(organizationalStatus=active)(ou=Information Technology)) grouperLoaderLdapValueDef c3de1...
Metadata on assignment Delete the attribute assignment Edit assignment details Options
Grouper loader LDAP source ID enabled Delete the attribute assignment value Edit the attribute assignment value waveldap grouperLoaderLdapValueDef ce3d4...
Metadata on assignment Delete the attribute assignment Edit assignment details Options
Grouper loader LDAP type enabled Delete the attribute assignment value Edit the attribute assignment value LDAP_SIMPLE grouperLoaderLdapValueDef f9216...

(I added Grouper loader LDAP source ID, which the Example page doesn't have.  I tried removing it, but got the same result.)

gsh:
gsh 0% grouperSession = GrouperSession.startRootSession();
edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.GrouperSession: aab002c0e06b4dc7808ff68c8e94eb81,'GrouperSystem','application'
gsh 1% loaderGroup = GroupFinder.findByName(grouperSession, "ucmerced:ldapit");
group: name='ucmerced:ldapit' displayName='UC Merced:LDAP Information Technology Dept Group' uuid='b5698cf62eb146a58c2533b718d826d1'
gsh 2% loaderRunOneJob(loaderGroup);
loader ran successfully, inserted 0 memberships, deleted 0 memberships, total membership count: 0

LDAP access log:
[02/Jul/2014:12:35:47 -0700] conn=0 op=1 SRCH base="ou=people,dc=ucmerced,dc=edu" scope=2 filter="(&(organizationalStatus=active)(ou=Information Technology))" attrs=""
[02/Jul/2014:12:35:50 -0700] conn=0 op=1 RESULT err=0 tag=101 nentries=134 etime=3 notes=U