grouper-users - [grouper-users] Questions about the Grouper subject API

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Questions about the Grouper subject API

  • From: Julian Williams <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Questions about the Grouper subject API
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 13:38:40 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, en-US

Hi,

I am working on a project to implement Grouper at the University of Oxford,
UK. I have a few questions about the Subject API & sources.xml that hopefully
someone can help with...

1) I note that the Subject API doc in the wiki at [1] only gives links to
details
about 'Subject API' versions 0.2.1, 0.3.1 and 1.0 of which 0.3.1 [2] seems to
be the most recent fully documented with the details of settings in
sources.xml. We are using Grouper 2.1.5 and I can't find anywhere which
version of the 'Subject API' this includes. So is the 0.3.1 doc the version we
should be referring to or is there more recent documentation?

[1] https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Subject+API
[2] https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/subject-0.3.1-doc

2) Should we be aiming to use an ldap.properties file and not have the
connection
details in sources.xml? I note that this does seem a requirement for the PSP
but is it desirable for the other Grouper components i.e. the API & UI?

3) Is it possible to use Kerberos/GSSAPI authentication for the LDAP sources
and
if so how can we configure this? (I note that vtldap does seem to support
this.)

Many thanks,

Julian

--
Julian Williams (Identity and Access Management Developer)
Systems Development and Support, IT Services, University of Oxford

  • [grouper-users] Questions about the Grouper subject API, Julian Williams, 05/30/2014