grouper-users - Re: RE: [grouper-users] SQL loader jobs, change log consumer and obtaining group description

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: RE: [grouper-users] SQL loader jobs, change log consumer and obtaining group description

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Scott Koranda <>
  • Cc: grouper-users <>
  • Subject: Re: RE: [grouper-users] SQL loader jobs, change log consumer and obtaining group description
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 11:03:27 -0400

Deep in the api, the only way to create a group is by specifying the extension and display extension, then if you want to add a description, you can update the group.  I think in the loader this happens with one groupsave call which does the insert and update in one transaction.  This means it's impossible for a change log consumer to not get the description.  But yes, if this isn't ok, and we want the description to not get another change log event, I could do that.  Chris