grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] roll ups using the loader?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] roll ups using the loader?

  • From: Scott Koranda <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: grouper-users <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] roll ups using the loader?
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 12:09:54 -0500

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 11:36 AM, Chris Hyzer

> Yes, that is what the classlist at penn and the joins to the grouper_groups
> table does...

Thanks.

> obviously I need to revist that doc, its hard to understand.

Well, the data point you have is that I find it hard to understand. It
may not be a universal problem. :-)

> I wrote this up earlier this year with a long discussion on the list:

I am having trouble finding the relevant discussion in the archives.
If you have time to point me to one of the URLs for the thread I would
be grateful.

> https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Grouper+loader+example+include+exclude+and+privileges

I had not found that page, thanks, I will study it.

An issue for me is trying to decide what is possible and recommended
if you are Chris Hyzer or Shilen Patel versus what is possible and
recommended if you are anybody else. I need to weigh the risks of
complexity and maintenance costs against the extra functionality when
doing SQL queries directly across Grouper database tables.

Thanks,

Scott K