grouper-users - [grouper-users] Grouper loader classlist example from Penn

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Grouper loader classlist example from Penn

  • From: Scott Koranda <>
  • To: grouper-users <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Grouper loader classlist example from Penn
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 15:17:52 -0500

Hi,

I have been studying the wiki page "Grouper Loader classlist
example from Penn" at

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Grouper+Loader+classlist+example+from+Penn

Note that the page includes comments like "this query will
need to change in 1.5".

To "roll up" student, instructor, assistant, and other groups
into an 'all' group the page shows a loader job that queries
the Grouper database tables themselves.

Is that still necessary for Grouper post 1.5?

Is querying the Grouper database tables by loader jobs a
recommend practice?

My concern is that Grouper database table definitions can
change between versions and they are not (to my knowledge)
documented so I have always treated the Grouper database
itself as a 'black box'.

Should I be less concerned and create loader jobs that
reference the Grouper database tables directly?

I appreciate any input.

Thanks,

Scott K

  • [grouper-users] Grouper loader classlist example from Penn, Scott Koranda, 03/19/2014