grouper-users - [grouper-users] Format of sourceIds for getMembers

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Format of sourceIds for getMembers

  • From: Julio Polo <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Format of sourceIds for getMembers
  • Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 10:17:44 -1000

What is the format of the sourceIds string when calling getMembers?

I assume its purpose is to limit the results to subjects from that source.  I wanted to get all immediate members that are groups, not people, so I called this web service:

<WsRestGetMembersRequest>
 <wsGroupLookups>
  <WsGroupLookup>
   <groupName> SOME_GROUP_HERE </groupName>
  </WsGroupLookup>
 </wsGroupLookups>
   <includeSubjectDetail>T</includeSubjectDetail>
 <subjectAttributeNames>
   <string>uid</string>
 </subjectAttributeNames>
 <memberFilter>immediate</memberFilter>
 <sourceIds>g:gsa</sourceIds>
</WsRestGetMembersRequest>

and the results indicate that it didn't accept g:gsa as the value of sourceIds

sourceIds: Empty array

What is the syntax for sourceIds?

Julio Polo
University of Hawaii