grouper-users - [grouper-users] Grouper client: get a list of groups (filtered, paginated, memberOf)

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Grouper client: get a list of groups (filtered, paginated, memberOf)

  • From: Geert van der Ploeg <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Grouper client: get a list of groups (filtered, paginated, memberOf)
  • Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 08:46:07 +0200

Hi,

I investigated the possibilities for querying Grouper WS for a list of groups with the following conditions:
- a given user is member of those groups
- the groups are filtered based on a search string
- the result list is paginated

It seems that 'getMemberships', 'findGroups' and 'getGroups' all offer some of these characteristics, but none of the methods fits all requirements.

Summarized:
    GcGetMemberships: membership, but no pagination, no filtering
    GcFindGroups: filtering, pagination, but no membership
    GcGetGroups, membership, pagination, no filtering

My question: is this correct, or did I miss a parameter somewhere?

Even if Grouper WS does offer such a call, but Grouper Client does not support it, I would be happy to learn about it.

Thanks in advance.

Geert van der Ploeg