grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] Permission Assignments webservice is not returning the permissions

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] Permission Assignments webservice is not returning the permissions

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] Permission Assignments webservice is not returning the permissions
  • Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 20:25:09 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Does the authenticating user have at least READ privilege on the role and at
least ATTR_READ on the permission definition?

On Behalf Of

Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2013 4:16 PM

Subject: [grouper-users] Permission Assignments webservice is not returning
the permissions

Hello,

We have 2.1.2 version of Grouper set up in both test and production
environments.
I've setup roles, attribute definition and permissions for an application in
both alpha and production grouper.

The issue is GetPermissionAssignments/GetAttributeAssignments webservices are
not returning the permissions in Production but they work fine in the test
environment.
I've tried invoking other webservices (like GetGroups, GetMembers,
GetSubjects, FindAttributeDefinitionNames) and they all work fine in
Production except these two webservices
(attributeAssignments/permissionAssignments).

Production permissions are set up in exactly the same way as the test
environment and I can see all the permissions in the "grouper_perms_all_v"
table in the production grouper database, but having hard time in figuring out
why the webservice is not returning the permissions.
I'm new to the Grouper and still trying to understand it better. Any ideas or
inputs on how I can debug this problem would be appreciated.

Here are the links to view the request and response data of
getPermissionAssignments webservice in production and alpha/test grouper:

https://gist.github.com/snehamdy/7027670/raw/c44286ce514f2bda1ba8def6533570561
5df4747/gistfile1.txt

https://gist.github.com/snehamdy/7027616/raw/f4bf00f1e6aad1946f825d9d9beff6135
7c23132/gistfile1.txt