grouper-users - RE: [siad] [grouper-users] Grouper loader LDAP with 2 ldap filters

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [siad] [grouper-users] Grouper loader LDAP with 2 ldap filters

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: SIAD <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [siad] [grouper-users] Grouper loader LDAP with 2 ldap filters
  • Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 14:20:22 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

I think you can do this.

Focus on the second query to build the groups with the loader.

LDAP_GROUP_FROM_ATTRIBUTES

Person
- id: abc
- school: 12, 34
Person
- id: bcd
- school: 23, 34

There would be 3 groups from this, for schools 12, 23, 34

But you want the name from another filter, right?

School
- name: Something School
- id: 12

I think you can write a simple java class that does the LDAP query, caches
the results, and you can register this in expression language, and use it in
grouperLoaderLdapGroupDisplayNameExpression... (or Name, Description, etc).

Can this work for you? Do you need a proof of concept?