grouper-users - [grouper-users] Is the top-level etc stem reserved for use by the Grouper system?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Is the top-level etc stem reserved for use by the Grouper system?

  • From: Julio Polo <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Is the top-level etc stem reserved for use by the Grouper system?
  • Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 11:19:48 -1000

I'd like to define group attributes that could be assigned to all groups at our institution.  I see some references to 'etc:attribute'  and I'm wondering if that's where I should put them.   Or is this a special stem that I should avoid messing with?  Can I create a institution-specific stem under 'etc' such as 'etc:uh' or is it better to avoid the top-level etc stem altogether?

Julio Polo
Identity and Access Management
University of Hawaii