grouper-users - Re: Re: [grouper-users] Ldap to Grouper provisioning problem

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: Re: [grouper-users] Ldap to Grouper provisioning problem

  • From: Tom Zeller <>
  • To:
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: Re: [grouper-users] Ldap to Grouper provisioning problem
  • Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 09:42:09 -0500

Unfortunately due to time constraints I do not have a great response
for you, and it has been almost two weeks, my apologies.

My suggestion is to ignore containerId for now. If I have not said
this already, I meant to, basically I was unsure how to implement
containerId and probably did not do so correctly.

My work flow when writing the psp and using it was to use -calc to
calculate how an object should be provisioned, the most important part
for you is the identifier, the psoID.

The NPE is probably due to a bug, probably not in the code but the
configuration, and I will need to lean on someone else to track that
down. Your original post shows an NPE being thrown when trying to add
a group with name "1TR", meaning in the "root" stem, which should work
and it also not clear to me why that is failing.

And, of course, the Grouper Loader is an alternative to the psp for
importing to Grouper.

What you are trying to do should work, should even be easy, but it is
obviously not and I am not sure why.

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 3:05 AM,
> Hi again,
>
> I found some example configuration files on Grouper spaces, but ldap to
> grouper provisioning fails even with the examples.
>
> I configured the <identifier ref="stemName" targetId="grouper"
> containerId="INP:SyncLDAP" /> and the <identifier ref="groupName"
> targetId="grouper" containerId="INP:SyncLDAP" /> for the example files, but
> only the groups existing in sub organisational units in ldap are imported to
> grouper, although not in the right place.
>
> For example: cn=courseA,ou=fall,ou=courses,ou=edu,dc=ldap,dc=test,dc=fr is
> imported in Root:courses:fall (not INP:SyncLDAP:courses:fall), but
> cn=groupA,ou=edu,dc=ldap,dc=test,dc=fr is not imported at all (NPE).
> Furthermore, psp deletes all groups found in INP:SyncLDAP because they are
> not
> in the ldap, but the when adding groups, the stem path 'INP:SyncLDAP' is not
> added.
>
> Where should I look and modify so not only when deleting, but also when
> adding
> groups, the stem path "identifier ref="stemName"" is added.
>
> Thank you very much for your help.
>
> Sincerely,
> Dorin Rautu
> DSI, Institut National Polytechnique Toulouse, France

  • Re: Re: [grouper-users] Ldap to Grouper provisioning problem, Tom Zeller, 08/02/2013