grouper-users - [grouper-users] missing member attributes

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] missing member attributes

  • From: Jim Fox <>
  • To: grouper users list <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] missing member attributes
  • Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 10:20:21 -0700 (PDT)

(This is a version 2.1.2 database, upgraded from 1.6)

I'm seeing records in the grouper_members table without the new sort, search, and name attributes. Here's what I suspect:

1) These are almost all people without memberships in any group.

2) The usdu script that populated the member attributes operated
only on people with active group memberships.
(using the 'findAllUsed' method)

3) As long as these people have no memberships -- no problem.

4) However, when they are added to a group, because the member record
already exists, the attributes are not populated.

5) I end up with some group members with incomplete member records.

Is there an easy way to 'fix' the incomplete member records?

Thanks,

Jim

  • [grouper-users] missing member attributes, Jim Fox, 04/19/2013