grouper-users - [grouper-users] CASifying Grouper

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] CASifying Grouper

  • From: "Bryan E. Wooten" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] CASifying Grouper
  • Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 15:42:34 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

I am trying to CASify Grouper using the JASIG CAS Java client. I have read these instructions:

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Implementing+CAS+Authentication+for+Grouper

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Newcastle+University+-+Protecting+UI+With+Shib

I think all that is really necessary is to fix the struts-config.xml action path /callLogin to go to home.do.

Then remove the security constraints from the web.xml.

And finally add the CAS filters to the web.xml.

When I hit Grouper from my browser I get redirected to my CAS login as expected. But after login I get the populateIndex.do page with a login link. Click the login link just stays on the populateIndex.do page.

Prior to CASifying I added my subjectID to the Wheel Group.

There is one comment in the first link I did not understand:

“Ensure the REMOTE_USER value that is returned from CAS is configured as one of the subject identifiers in the sources.xml:”

The sample they gave was for a jdbc source and I am using AD as a source.

Any help appreciated.

-Bryan