grouper-users - [grouper-users] Name and other attributes for external subjects

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Name and other attributes for external subjects

  • From: Peter DiCamillo <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Name and other attributes for external subjects
  • Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 15:44:52 -0400

We're running the current version of Grouper, and working on supporting Grouper's external subjects in our various applications. We've run into a problem with the names for external subjects. During the invitation process, the person enters their name in a single field. However LDAP (RFC 4519), and other applications such as Canvas require a first name and last name for people. While we can easily construct a full name from the first and last name, it's not possible do the reverse reliably. So we'd like to have Grouper prompt for and save first and last names for external subjects. While it's not as essential, we've also realized that it would be very useful if external subjects had an attribute identifying the person who invited them. Does Grouper provide customization mechanisms for these changes, or if not, could they be included in Grouper at some point?

Peter