grouper-users - [grouper-users] Is it possible to provision to both LDAP and AD using PSP?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Is it possible to provision to both LDAP and AD using PSP?

  • From: "Bryan E. Wooten" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Is it possible to provision to both LDAP and AD using PSP?
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 16:33:54 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

I was following the psp-example-grouper-to-openldap-multiple in hopes of modifying the example to provision LDAP and AD.

But then I realized the my subject Id source was LDAP and the DN for a person (unid=u0000001,ou=people,o=Utah.edu) would not make any sense for AD where the DN for a person is cn=u0000001,ou=people,dc=Utah,dc=edu.

So it seems I need to add AD as a subject source.

Then I realized I don’t understand how to control (via the Web UI) which groups created in Grouper are provisioned to AD and which groups are provisioned to LDAP.

I also noticed that the psp-resolver in psp-example-grouper-to-active-directory is significantly deferent than gouper-to-openldap version. Looking at the diffs I am not sure I really understand why.

Anyway, has any successfully configured Grouper to provision both LDAP and AD using the PSP?

Thanks,

Bryan