grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] AJAX, JSON, Callback

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] AJAX, JSON, Callback

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: mohan shamachar <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] AJAX, JSON, Callback
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 16:06:14 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Colons are allowed to be in quoted strings in JSON, right?
If so, can you get a JSON parser that parses JSON correctly? :)

On Behalf Of mohan shamachar
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2013 4:23 PM

Subject: [grouper-users] AJAX, JSON, Callback

Hello,

I was playing with AJAX calls to grouper web services.

1. First I received an error for bad_uri... because of cross-domain issue.

I added a callback parameter to fix it: Here's the call:

var urlStr =
"my_grouper-ws.../json/v2_1_000/"+subjects/my_subject/groups?wsLiteObjectType=
WsRestGetGroupsLiteRequest";

jQuery.getJSON(urlStr+"&callback=?", function(data) {
var str = JSON.stringify(data);
console.log(str);
});

The WsGetGroupsLiteResult from the web services includes a warning:

"resultWarnings":"Cant find properties to assign HTTP params: callback, _,"

This is causing the JSON parser to crash... because of the "colon" character
inside the warning message text.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
mohan