grouper-users - [grouper-users] RE: Sending a warning using a hook ?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] RE: Sending a warning using a hook ?

  • From: Gagné Sébastien <>
  • To: "Chris Hyzer" <>, <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] RE: Sending a warning using a hook ?
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 13:24:25 -0500

Ok, good to know.

Yes your idea might work, I’ll have to keep it in mind if we really need that function. One downside might be user re-trying their invalid modification thinking the second time will work as does the “warning only” operations. One other problem is that we use two application servers, so in theory they might do the two operations on separate servers (in practice we have sticky load balancing, but we never know what could happen).

My idea might be to throw a Veto, but manually complete the operation in the Hook. The operation in the UI would say that it failed, but users would see their desired value. The problem might be the confusion this might create and to find a way to avoid looping in the hook (maybe I could use a cache like you said or do it with a database update)

Thanks