grouper-users - [grouper-users] Re: Deleting group members in the full UI

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Re: Deleting group members in the full UI

  • From: Peter DiCamillo <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Re: Deleting group members in the full UI
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 08:32:13 -0500

Any insights into this? Is there a possibility this could be fixed before the new UI?

Peter

Peter DiCamillo wrote:
I'm using Grouper 2.1, and I've come across an inconsistency with deleting members using the full UI. If I select "Manage members" from the Group summary page, I get the membership list. Ordinarily, if I've selected "Show DIRECT members of this group", then next to each member there is a checkbox that can be used with "Remove selected members", and there is also a button for "Remove all members". I'm doing this as a Grouper admin ("Act as admin" selected at the top right), so I'm allowed to delete members of any group. However, for some groups, the checkboxes and remove options do not appear. I eventually figured out they don't appear if the group I'm working with is used as a term for a composite group. I did the following as a test:

1. Create 2 groups, ALL_INCLUDES and ALL_EXCLUDES.
2. Add a member to ALL_EXCLUDES, and verify the remove options appear.
3. Create an ALL group as ALL_INCLUDES complement ALL_EXCLUDES.
5. Delete the ALL group, and the remove options are back.

Is this bug, or is there some reason why it works this way? I know I can also delete a member by clicking on "is a direct member" and removing the "member" privilege, but our admins expect the remove options to be available.

Peter